3.30.2011

treats...


for awhile now....
my daughter's and my favorite stop in epcot is the japan department store, Mitsukoshi,
she is all about quirky fun pens....
so a mouse pen that writes different colors when you push down either ear was the perfect find...
i'm all about the shinzi katoh paper goods....
....with adorable drawings and sayings like... "i would like travel somewhere unknown....until it gets dark" and
"if you become far taller than me, could you still talk to me?"
....they are absolutely wonderful.....
and i always have to look through the hello kitty section....
...the find this time....a keychain tapemeasurer...perfection!
my youngest has now added the stop to his list as well...
a pal introduced him to the hard to find "hi chew" candy and he was on a mission to find it in japan....
....if you have never had it, it tastes like starburst with the texture of a gummy bear.....
what's better than spending your birthday money on candy?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

this pretty much summed up my childhood and a large part of my teenage years. japanese pens and pencils.. and erasers!!
Do they have Sanrio stores in USA?

chunky girl said...

Japan at Epcot is always just the best stop! (And it's definitely a big plus that the kiddies are buying into it, too. Lots less groaning and rolling of eyes while you wander through the treasures!)

Cindy said...

i love all of those things, especially shinzi katoh. i have a large tote bag and love it. the tape measure key chain is adorable and i'll keep an eye out for those candies. there's a new store in williamsburg that has japanese candy and they might carry it.

blue moss said...

tiff....you and me, both!!! we do have sanrio, but not as much of the other fun things :0

cg....so glad they love it, too

cindy...you have a tote!! i totally love those

michelle

Mandy said...

I LOVE hi Chew candy! Ever since visiting Tokyo a few years ago, it has become one of my favorite treats. So glad they sell it at World Market.

Pascale said...

Now I wish I could come with you...
Too cute, all of it!